– If you’ve been planning on getting into the real foods lifestyle, then you’ve probably figured out that proper planning is the only way to make it a smooth transition into the new foods habits. That means that you’re going to be relying heavily upon your refrigerator to house the many wonderful foods that you’ll be making a part of your life. In the next few paragraphs, you’ll see a few tips on how to stock a refrigerator for real foods meals.
Things You Can Freeze
– When you’re getting ready to do the real foods meals, you’re going to have to go to the store to get some items. You might want to consider some special containers to buy along with these items, because you want them to stay fresh and unaffected by the freezer. If you like to eat meat, then you should buy a family pack of a high end meat that you can use in multiple dishes. Chicken is good for that purpose and you can portion reasonable amount easily in bags for pull, thaw and cook purposes.
– Berries, melons and peppers freeze very well. You can put them into bags or plastic containers. When you need to use them, you can cook or blend them into something like a smoothie. That helps make a quick easy breakfast that gives you a great jumpstart to your day.
– Pasta, cooked beans, and rice are also things that you can pre-make and then freeze for easy additions to newly cooked ingredients. That will help you to save time during the week, but give you access to the delicious foods without having to do all of the fuss.
Sauces You Make
– Since you want to avoid anything that has preservatives in it, you’ll want to make your own condiments and sauces for your food. Anything you make can be stored in mason jars for easy labeling. You should be sure to keep track of when you made things so you don’t accidentally end up eating something spoiled. You can just write the date it was made on a piece tape and stick it to the top of the jars. Put these on the door where they can be visible.
Fruits and Vegetables You Love
– Keep these on hand so you have some that you can still cut up, unless you want everything to be like soup. Keep the more perishable fruits and veggies in the crisper so you can keep it nice for use later.
– Pick a day when you have time to cook a large quantity of ingredients. Anything that you know you’ll use in the next few day can be made and placed in the refrigerator for easy access. This will help you to stay on track with your eating so you don’t have to suffer much before eating.
-Dear readers, when you prepare certain foods such as beans or beef for example, it helps to cook them in a way that is conducive to digestion. Any food that deserves to be prepared in advance should be prepared in advance so that all other foods can be prepared in time.
– Don’t forget to follow us on facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and twitter. Visit our shop to get our digital products. If you don’t want to miss any update, enter your email to subscribe here!