-When it comes to home organization, one area of the home that often gets overlooked is the refrigerator. But when you organize it properly, you are able to find what you need, fit everything in your refrigerator, and know when it’s time to throw out old food items.
– Here are some helpful tips for organizing your refrigerator for optimal food storage.
Use Stackable Containers
– An easy way to start organizing your refrigerator is to use shelves that can be stacked on top of each other. The reason is because what often happens is the lowest and main shelf in your refrigerator is probably not being completely utilized. You might have some taller items there, like milk and juice bottles, but the majority of the height on the shelf goes to waste.
– By using stackable containers on this shelf, you not only have some items organized inside those containers, but there should be room on top for either more containers, or to place shorter items. This gives you a lot more space in your refrigerator that you weren’t using before.
Remove Items from Packaging
– When you buy items that come in packaging to keep them together, you can probably organize a little better by removing them from this packaging. This includes items like pudding cups, yogurt, fridge packs of soda, and similar items. When you start pulling the items individually as you use them, you end up with packaging that isn’t really necessary. It takes up more space and can make your refrigerator look messy.
– It is easier to remove them from this packaging to better organize items in your refrigerator. It will look nicer and you can often fit more items.
Don’t Overdo it on The Organizers
– While organizers in the refrigerator are highly recommended to put together similar items, sometimes you end up using them more than you really need to. If you are just using them because you happen to have them, consider whether they are a benefit or a burden. Sometimes, you use so many of them, that it’s hard to really fit oddly-sized or shaped items in your refrigerator.
– Don’t overwhelm yourself and expect to have a perfectly organized refrigerator from day one. Just start by cleaning out your fridge and removing items that are expired or you know you won’t use. Then start getting containers just a few at a time, moving things around, and experimenting with how you want everything arranged.
– Dear internet users, maybe cleaning and organizing your refrigerator is a challenge for you on a daily basis, but it is possible if you organize your housework schedule. So don’t hesitate!