– While herbs are amazing to grow for food, they can also be grown for medicine. Many natural herbs provide medicinal properties, either on their own or in addition to other herbs and homemade concoctions. Here are some of the best herbs to grow at home for medicinal purposes.
– A popular herb used for natural medicine is echinacea. Echinacea is a type of coneflower that typically grows well in the fall if you start it from its seed, though you can transplant the plant as well. Echinacea is often used to boost your immunity and can also help to ease a sore throat when you drink it as a tea or gargle with a cooled-off version of the brewed tea.
– When it comes to medicinal herbs, most people are familiar with chamomile. Your parents or grandparents likely always had chamomile tea in the house, not just for the flavor, but because of how much it can relax and soothe you.
– Chamomile is often used to reduce anxiety and promote better sleep. It can also be used to reduce swelling and inflammation of surface wounds.
3. Lemon Balm
– Another herb you can grow at home for medicinal purposes is lemon balm. This is quickly becoming a popular healing herb, thanks to the many healing properties it contains. Lemon balm can help with your gut health and nervous system, as well and help to prevent certain types of viruses. While you should consult your pediatrician before use, it is likely gentle enough to give to children as well.
– Many forms of mint come with some powerful healing properties, though peppermint is often at the top of the list. Peppermint has a long list of natural medicinal qualities, including settling the stomach and easing nausea, helping with digestive issues, calming sore muscles, and using to reduce inflammation in the body.
– And of course we have to include lavender on this list. It is one of the most popular herbs, both for its delicate and inviting scent, but also because of the many medicinal qualities it has. Lavender is often used to relax the body and mind, but it can also help with muscle tension, digestive and gut issues, and improve mental clarity.
– Starting your own herb garden is a wonderful home project that cannot only give you herbs to cook with, but to help provide you with some home healing.
– Dear readers and followers, value the herbs and teas that are available to you to boost your immunity and to improve your digestion!
2 Comments Add yours
Interesting topic !
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks a lot @ludmillalouissaint!
LikeLiked by 2 people